Stress Management Coaching
Matt Adams offers 1-on-1 stress management coaching for those suffering from work related stress or work related anxiety and wish to take control of their health.
If you love your job (or the income it gives you), coaching can provide not just a friendly ear to discuss your situation, but more importantly, to gain techniques to reduce, eliminate, manage and change the way your mind and body respond to work stress or work anxiety.
Stress management coaching is approved by application. You can request a questionnaire at the bottom of this page.
Are you experiencing one or more of the following feelings or symptoms…?
Work Related Stress Symptoms:
- Heart palpitations
- Shallow breathing
- Speaking quickly (quicker than normal)
- Headaches / Migraines
- Lower back ache
- Lack of appetite
- Craving sugar
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Getting the flu on the first few days of a vacation/holiday
- Regular colds, reoccurring or lingering colds
- Difficulty getting to sleep
- Lowered libido
- Unable to sleep for more than 4 or 6 hours
- Irritability or anger outbursts
- Road rage to or from work
- Skin issues
- Depressed feelings
- Craving / Consuming too much caffeine or alcohol
- Low productivity
- Lack of motivation (to work or to go to work)
- Regular sick days and more frequent unexplained sickness feelings
- Being accident-prone
- Being cynical, defensive, sharp responses
- Negativity or rejection of new ideas
- Taking pharmaceutical drugs for stress
Work Related Anxiety Symptoms:
- Fear of going to work
- Fear of being ‘stuck’ at work
- Fear of ‘the office’
- Fear of not being able to leave the office (feeling trapped)
- Shortness of breath
- Increased heart rate
- Feeling scared to go to work
- Death feelings
- Worry about tasks, workload
- You spend all Sunday worrying about Monday
- Drinking alcohol more frequently (before, during or after work)
- Stop drinking coffee (to avoid even more anxiety feelings)
- Crying about your job, your workload, your performance
- Making mental pictures or movies of yourself in stressful, anxious work situations
- Feelings of inadequacy
- Anxious about being fired for your anxiety
- Worrying about what your colleagues think of you (and your anxiety)
- Labeling / Self diagnosing yourself as having mental health problems
- Fear of interacting with management
- Fear of being humiliated
- Feeling overworked and underpaid, to the point you feel like you’re about to ‘burst’
- Taking pharmaceutical drugs for anxiety
If you’re experience one or more the above symptoms on a reoccurring basis and can’t seem to find a way out of the thoughts and feelings, coaching with Matt may be a way forward.
What Will I Receive?
- An initial assessment based on a questionnaire that you’ll fill out
- A 12 month plan customised to you that we’ll follow, including milestones as recognition of your changes and growth
- Weekly 1 hour call over Skype/WhatsApp
- Unlimited Support By Email
Coaching Vs DIY
A few words from Matt…
I dealt with stress and anxiety the hard way. I figured it all out by myself. No doctors, no medication, no books on stress or anxiety, no websites and no therapists.
Do I recommend this approach for others?
Simply because it’s very difficult to figure it all out yourself, and the pain and suffering in the meantime just isn’t worth it.
Think about it using this analogy… is it easier to figure out YOUR relationship problems or is it easier to give someone else advice about THEIR relationship problems? Of course it’s easier giving advice than self-analysing your way to relationship bliss. You can see ‘the truth’ with a friend’s problems much easier than you can see your own problems.
It’s the same with stress and anxiety. It’s harder for you to see your problems, but it’s easy for me to see them. Because you’re ‘in the soup’, the truth or reality of the situation isn’t obvious to you.
Perspective is everything.
Just like a Personal Trainer will push you hard in the gym, keep you motivated and keep you on track, a stress or anxiety coach will push you to do the techniques required that can create the change you’re looking for.
Keeping you accountable will help you follow-through and gain back control of your mind, body and emotions, allowing you to start enjoying work again.
My coaching is for you if…
- You like/love your job but “it’s killing you”
- You’re well paid, but highly stressed, and want to keep your job
- Your family depends on your income
- You’re experiencing several reoccurring stress or anxiety symptoms listed above
Who I Work With
I only work with high performance entrepreneurs, business owners and corporate employees who are committed to growing personally and professionally.
My focus is not just on fixing work stress and anxiety but working consistently with you on your mental, emotional and physical health for prevention as well as for maintenance of optimum health and well being.
1-on-1 coaching starts at USD$5,000 per month.
Custom coaching schedules can be discussed upon request.
A minimum 6 month contract is to be signed to symbolise your commitment to yourself, your healing, your growth and continued mental, physical and emotional development.
Apply For Coaching
To apply for monthly coaching with Matt, please fill out the form below and Matt or an assistant will send you an initial questionnaire to fill out which will form the basis of your application.